“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” | Maya Angelou
As some of you may know, I travel quite a bit so I tend to buy pieces that are very easy to travel with, and versatile to dress up or dress down. One outfit instead of always trying to find that top or pants to match. There are many times when I get to my destination, and I have rush into a lunch or dinner so the versatility is very important.
This knit sleeveless jumpsuit is perfect for travel (especially in the fall), work, party…anything! It is form-fitting but not tight, dressy but not over-the-top, casual but not gardening casual (you get the drift). Anything you wear with black, can be worn with grey. Simple.
The different looks:
- A pop of color with these lovely red pumps
- One of my favorite Grey booties for an all grey everything look, the red purse adds a bit color
- Fabulous Joan-Collins-looking jacket (Joan Collins from Dynasty, no?)
- For a casual/dressy look, a great pair of jeans goes well with this jacket
All I’ve done with this look is add my Joan Collins from Dynasty (dating myself) fabulous jacket that looks amazingly expensive (which it’s not!) and switch up the shoes.
This jacket makes anything look royal, I promise you. A simple jumpsuit looks fantastic and with a pair of jeans. It’s warm, classy and will not break the bank. Just try not to get paint thrown on you like Samantha of Sex and the City – it is not real fur!!
I know there are many that are scared of jumpsuits, but I promise you, it is one of the easiest and fastest way to get dressed. Yes, you need to find the perfect one for you. Yes, you need to plan ahead when going to the bathroom. Yes, you will feel naked when you are in the bathroom! BUT, they sure look amazing.
Where to shop the pieces:
- Jumpsuit & grey faux fur jacket: @zara (jumpsuit bought in Cancun last year; jacket, recent)
- Jeans: @hudson
- Red pumps: @kendallandkylie (Holts)
- Grey Booties: @againandagain (bought in Winners)
Note: jumpsuit looks great with casual sneakers (not the ones you wear to the gym) as well as a long sweater cardigan, dark or coloured denim jacket.
Your feedback is always welcome – leave a comment.